The mission team has begun logistics operations in preparation for the flight of Pegasus II. We are moving the launch window the week of Feb. 22 to accommodate my travel schedule.
- Mark Nichols is managing the testing of Pegasus II’s payload and directional antennas, which is progressing well.
- Operational Technology is configured for the flight from the launch point in Kankakee, IL.
- User Web site will be updated by end of week, Feb 8th.
- Mobile Apps (iOS, Android, Windows) operational.
- Preflight awareness will begin on or near same time.
We will be using ~280 cubic feet of Helium for the flight with a cut-down altitude objective of 100,000 feet. The flight profile is described below.
|Description||Time||Altitude (ft)||Velocity (mph)|
|Above air traffic||+00:45:06||45,0000||+ 11.2|
|Curvature visible||+01:05:35||65,000||+ 11.2|
|Gravity descent ends||+01:41:10||98,500||– 309|
|Drogue descent||+01:44:11||45,000||– 125|
|Drogue descent||+01:48:39||20,000||– 51|
|Main parachute deploy||+01:51:57||6,630||– 41|