The Pegasus Mission is all about bringing you a near space adventure, an experience in High Altitude Flight that you may have never witnessed before. It is about you.
You can help us out promoting the flight of Pegasus II Oct 5 by using your social networks to promote the flight and get users to sign up for SMS notifications and the craft will send a text message to users to alert them of the launch.
Pegasus II is high altitude mission to near space providing a global real-time experience to users from the upper atmosphere using Microsoft Azure and experimental technology.
Windows and Android apps available in app/play stores for Pegasus II’s mission to near space. iOS app submitted last night and hopefully will be available by flight time Oct 5 ~10AM MDT from Cheyenne, WY, USA
Search “Pegasus Mission” to find the mobile apps.
Warning: This mission has no guarantee of success. The mission team is working in a remote and hostile environment with high sensitive equipment nearly 20 miles above the surface of the earth. However, attempting to try what has never been done before is courageous and noble effort itself in an effort to learn and provide a unique experience to others.
High Altitude Science Firsts
- Real-time video transmission from a HAB
- Coordinated global broadcast of real-time telemetry and mapping through Web and mobile apps
- Global user communications direct to HAB inflight
- Craft notifications via SMS to users
- Widely available HAS mission that is publicly and globally consumable
- Real-time communications to/from HAB
- Low latency, high throughput, linearly scalable and bidirectional communications
- Mobile app with real-time experiences
- Web site with real-time experiences
- Security: Distributed authorization
- Altitude: 100, 000 feet (19 miles, 30.5 kilometers)
- Live video feed and onboard video from near space
- Curvature of earth
- Edge of visible atmosphere
- Blackness of space
- Onboard 3D view (5 cameras up, down, 3Xout)
- Real-time broadcast of telemetry and mapping
- Real-time communications between users and craft
- Telemetry capture
- Remote Intelligence: Automated flight operations from data center 1,000 miles away.
- Live camera rotation
- Delivery system release
- Low altitude high speed main parachute deployment
- 2K users watching flight (aspirational)
Web Site: https://www.pegasusmission.io (Live video + telemetry + maps)
Sign up for SMS flight notifications and craft will text you when it launches.
Mobile apps (Live telemetry + maps + sending user messages to craft inflight)
Dare Mighty Things 😀